On Thursdays in Sindou the Hoch's run a Children's Health Club. The goal of this is to teach the kids simple and helpful health practices to increase their quality of life and decrease preventable life-threatening diseases and illness. With the help of some close local friends, the Hoch's are able to teach about 60 kids each week. Along with learning about health and nutrition, the kids also get to hear a Bible story each week that is integrated into the curriculum, which is what I got to help with last week.
Though the impact that these stories will have on the children cannot always be seen immediately, from Isaiah 55 we can rest assured that His word does not return to Him empty, but will accomplish what He desires.
Burkina Faso is completely filled with beautiful and wonderful people. At times is can be heartbreaking to think that some of them may never come to know Jesus Christ. Sometimes I wonder if it is fair that I grew up in an area where I had access to the Gospel at a young age and I can follow Jesus without social oppression, while it is so rare for so many people around the world. But I must remember that God is just and righteous.
This week, I ask that you please pray for the people of Burkina Faso and that they will come to know the Lord. I also ask that you pray for more Christians to be willing to travel into the remote areas of the world to share the name of Jesus. Matthew 28:18-20 is a command for all believers, not just a select few.
Jake
Jake!
ReplyDeleteIt is such an encouragement to read your blog posts! I thank God that you have been blessed with this opportunity. I'm so glad I stumbled upon your blog on CMF's fb page so that I can be praying more specifically for you. I can't wait for you to get back (but I'm sure you can haha) so that I can hear more about your trip!
I have found these verses to be particularly encouraging/convicting when doing any type of ministry: Gal. 6:8-10. I pray that God will give you both the physical and spiritual strength needed to serve Him there.
That was Laura Rexrode by the way :)
ReplyDeleteYakuba
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing experience God is allowing you to have. He has plans for all if us but being able to stay connected with you during this time encourages all of us. Keep posting. Praying for you and others you've mentioned. Love you little Jake.
I'm glad they are an encouragement to you, Laura! Thanks so much for your prayers and those verses were a wonderful reminder!
ReplyDeleteJohn and Lisa, thank you so much for being so faithful in prayer! I'm so glad that my posts are impacting yall!