It's been a busy few days but wonderful!
I would like to tell you about Bible storytelling today!
Ken (the missionary I am with the most) has been able to start several Bible storytelling groups through out Sindou (were we live) and Kawara, a nearby town. I've been able to sit on on several of these. A few nights ago Ken and I were in Kawara and the men we were with asked Ken to tell them one of the stories. While Ken was sharing with them about Moses, I noticed the men get more and more drawn into the story. Several of them would say "Mmhmm" after every one of Ken's sentenced urging him to go on. One man kept scooting closer to the edge of chair, while another man was so drawn into the story that he did not notice his tea boiling over for quite a while beside him. This is just another testament to the fact that His word is spoken it does not return void. There are power in these stories that God has laid out for us.
I ask you to pray for these men as they eventually consider following Christ. The point of starting these storytelling groups with several people in them is hopefully that several of them will decide to follow Christ together in order to help each other through the social pressure and oppression that will likely follow.
I also ask that you pray for Ken as he shares God's word. Please pray that God will give him exactly the words that these men need to hear.
God bless!
Jake
Thanks for sharing that. We hear those stories or read them over and over and they can sometimes seem so vanilla to us. How encouraging to read about the reaction of those who did not grow up hearing them. You'll be waking up soon so as I go to bed I will pray for your day! Love Jawn and Leasuh!
ReplyDeleteThank yall for your faithfulness in prayer, i am encouraged every day by my bracelet!!! -Jake
ReplyDelete