Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Update 10: Home

Well I am back home in Manchester Tennessee, a long way away from Sindou, Burkina Faso.

My last days in Burkina were bittersweet. I was sad to leave the people I had grown so close too, but hopeful that in the coming months or years I would hear of their decision to follow Christ and see them again one day.

Working in a Muslim area is a hard and long process. During my two months in Burkina, I did not necessarily see any overly-apparent fruits of my work. But I have to trust that God will use my presence their as He wishes to accomplish what He will. Our job is not always to reap, but sometimes to just sow. I ask that you continue praying for the Hoch, Gordons, and Branes and the work that God is doing through them in Burkina Faso.

This trip has taught me a ton about what full-time missions will look like for myself, and God has reassured me that this is how I will be spending me life.

Thank you for all of your prayers and support and please don't hesitate to contact me if you want to know more about my internship. I will likely see most of you within the next couple of weeks. I apologize for not being able to upload any pictures during the internship, the internet access was too slow to do so. Within a few days, I will be upload a lot of picture from the summer onto my facebook page so that anyone can see them. Even if you do not have facebook, the album will be public and available to everyone. You can find my page here: https://www.facebook.com/jfkendrick

Thank you again, God bless
Yakuba

No comments:

Post a Comment